Monday, December 22, 2008

Year in Review

My friend put out a Family Newsletter telling about what everyone has been doing for the year. I thought it was a fabulous idea.. so here I go!

Sam: Is still working at the Utah County Health Department as a Health Inspector. Whenever I think Health Inspector I think of Larry the Cable Guy, Health Inspector. That movie is hilarious! Sam inspects anything from restraunts, tanning salons, daycares, wastewater and pools. (Just to name a few). He really enjoys working there, minus the commute! It takes him about 45 minutes sometimes an hour on a bad day. (Especially lately with all the snow!)
He is the ward mission leader in our ward, it is kind of a crazy calling our ward is so huge, but so small! We hardly have any memebers, so he has been busy!

Madilyn: She turned turned 2 going on 18. She is talking SO much! I think this has to be one of my favorite stages with her talking, saying the funniest things! She is quite girly girl. She loves putting on makeup with Mommy, loves playing with her princess things, dressing up and putting on jewelry. She absolutely loves to watch movies (like her mother) She really like Enchanted watching it ALL the time. She told us that Edward was cute! Her new favorite movies are the "Space Ship Movies" (No, not Star Trek for any of you who know what a fan Sam is) They are the Star Wars movies! I think next year we will have to dress up as Star Wars actors for Halloween. She is ever so excited for Christmas, and can't wait for Santa to come!

Me: I still work with Intermountain Healthcare in HR- Employment. We do all the hiring for the Urban Central Region (Basically all of the SL Valley minus Primary Children's). I am on the Nursing Team, so we hire RN's, CNA's, HUC's, Paramedics, Physician Assistants, and Nurse Practioners. It has been quite the experience, but I love it! It is good to do my own thing, but I really miss being home with Maddy. I am hoping one day I will be able to! Right now doesn't seem like it will happen.. but oh well. One day :] I am in YW's as the Laurel/MiaMaid Advisor.. and I LOVE IT! They are such a good group of girls.. and are so fun to be around.

In General our family is doing well! We are still living in West Valley, but do have our house up for Sale. It has been up since March (I believe-it seems like forever!) We are hoping to move closer for Sam. Either Lehi, or the southern part of the SL Valley (Riverton, South Jordan, Herriman, West Jordan). We got a little puppy named Ella! She has been so good for our family. It has really helped Maddy adjust to having someone other than just her in the fam. She loves to mother her A LOT. It is cute. We are just living life, one day at a time, excited for what each day brings! That is us! (I am sure I will remember more things once I am finished! ha!)

2 comments:

Grandma Susie said...

I enjoyed the update! It is fun to keep up with your little family. Carlee would love it if you lived closer.

Mama! said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!